SWIS (Settlement Workers In School) April Calendar
Settlement workers in schools (SWIS) programs provide settlement support for immigrants, refugees and newcomers to help you adjust to your new surroundings.
Please see the attached APRIL CALENDAR for SWIS workshops and activities available this month.
The SWIS programs help build connections with Richmond schools, provides families with support and guidance needed to independently access services and resources in Richmond, such as:
- School System and Education
- English Language Learner (ELL) Support
- Canadian Citizenship
- Housing and Accommodation
- Heath Services and Wellbeing
- Financial Services
- Legal Supports and Services
- Language Training (for example, LINC)
- Early Childhood Education, Childcare and Youth Services
- Parks and Recreation
- Settlement Counselling
- Support Groups
- Conversation Circles for Adults and Youth
Settlement support is currently provided in the following languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, French, Punjabi, Greek, Japanese, Tagalog and Spanish.
Updated: Tuesday, April 4, 2023